No joke $69 one-way to Europe, Belarus goes visa free, 60,000 Southwest Chase card offer, redeem Alaska miles for Virgin America flights
– WOWair came through on its promise on $69 from Los Angeles and San Francisco to Europe (Stockholm, Copenhagen, Bristol and Edinburgh)
We found dates in February/ March/ April; usually for Tuesday departures. The return flights will come in a bit higher but there are $99 fares (and you can always choose to return with Norwegian if that is cheaper).
West Coast to Europe under $200 is incredible and let’s hope this price level proves sustainable.
– Ethiopian is putting all these 787 to use and is adding Chengdu as an additional Chinese destination
– in a surprise move Belarus has gone visa free for a 5 day stay for 80 countries if you arrive via Minsk airport
The country is know as the ‘Soviet museum’ and you can drive a tank for the weekend if you desire so.
– Chase has a 60,000 Southwest points credit card offer
This is the best offer we have seen and surprisingly once the points posts they count towards the Companion Pass requirement of 110,000 miles. The Chase 5/24 rule applies so they will scrutinize your credit card applications from teh last 24 months.
– Alaska Airlines now allows redemptions for Virgin America flights – there are few still in there (I was hoping for some cheap Hawaii flights that did not materialize) (HT TPG )
However there is plenty of transcon availability and 12,500 Alaska miles can be a great deal (if revenue tickets are expensive on your dates).