– more details are emerging from yesterday’s crash in Colombia – there is a whole web of stories about the airline’s backers and it seems the plane was never equipped to fly that far and ran out of fuel – if true this would one of the most avoidable air disasters in recent history
– Netflix finally lets you download certain content for viewing with a slow connection (or when offline)
– Avios can now be redeemed online on Aer Lingus flights using avios.com
The avios.com site is independent of BA Executive Club and Iberia Plus but you CAN transfer Avios in between on a 1:1 basis. Confusingly enough fuel surcharges on Avios.com for Aer Lingus are much higher than when you book over the phone with BA Executive Club
– Singapore Airlines has teamed up with Shangri-La to create ‘Infinitely More Rewards’
As part of the promotion you can earn double Krisflyer miles on your first Round Trip. It’s not clear if you actually have to stay at a Shangri-La for that. This might even work if your flight is not on Singapore Airlines but a Star Alliance partner flight credited to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Here are the full Terms and Conditions.
– COPA airlines is adding a second (!) daily flight to San Francisco
COPA isn’t my favorite airline but there is precious little flying going south beyond Mexico from San Francisco so this is a great addition.
To take advantage of this promotion you need a CPF number. The last time I was in Brazil I just walked into the local tax office and got myself a number. It took less than 30 minutes and was completely free of charge.
– Ethiopian Airlines is bringing back Conakry service from February 2017 as a tag-on from their existing Abidjan service on a 787