Emirates goes A380 to Christchurch, Norwegian opens Escape lounge Oakland, Turkish and Alaska in trouble, animals on a plane
– Emirates now has five A380 every day to New Zealand and now even to rather small and remote Christchurch
– Norwegian has opened the Escape Lounge at Oakland airport
This is much needed and bold move for the airline to attract more Premium passengers. This lounge will likely become a Priority Pass lounge (like other Escape Lounges in Europe).
– Turkish Airlines is in trouble after the Turkish tourism market all but collapsed after the coup and the aftermath, the airline now grounds 30 planes
– Alaska is still having trouble closing the merger with Virgin – apparenty because of lawsuits from gruntled Virgin customers
– Aeroflot’s uber-cheap discount subsidiary Pobeda is starting flights to Baku and promo fares are just $73 RT
– Delta has achieved ‘German perfection’ and just had 200 days with now ‘mainline cancellation’ – that is really impressive!
– Aeromexico apparently has a heart for snakes and passengers were actually happy about an emergency landing to get the plane off the aircraft
– Qatar has a heart for falcons and has a much detailed way to get your favorite pet on your flight