$59 private jet flights, 4,000 miles with one car rental, 5k+ miles for your first Delta flight, St. Helena airport update, Delta adds DCA, China Southern buys 787 and Icelandair adds Denver
– private jet operator JetSuiteX has lots of one-way fares for $59 – I found it right away for the San Jose to Burbank route
– Delta gives you 5,000 Skymiles for your first flight (10,000 for a Business Class flight) for new Skymiles account holders who reside outside the US
– Avis and FlyingBlue give you 4,000 miles for a 4 day+ rental
– the newly built, remote St. Helena airport did not get a certificate to open back in April but there are lots of new planned operations once it opens
In the event the airfield is eventually opened to commercial traffic, Atlantic Star sees potential in developing short- and medium-range services to nearby Georgetown Wideawake, Walvis Bay, Cape Town and Johannesburg O.R. Tambo. Furthermore, Brown says the carrier could also link the island with Accra, Ghana as well as South America and the Canaries.
Later this week, Atlantic Star will ferry an aircraft of the type from Zurich to Punta Arenas, Chile via Georgetown Wideawake and St Helena Airport on the same day.
– Delta is putting on a new route Washington (DCA) to Los Angeles (LAX) equipped with their Delta One
DCA airport used to have ‘perimeter’ rules that made it difficult to launch flights beyond 1,250 miles away. Guess who also runs a three-class service to LAX from there!
– China Southern has just bought 12 new 787-9’s – it’s not difficult to guess where those will go – new US routes
– Icelandair and their ‘stopover buddies’ are coming to Denver
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: 787 | aircraft | AIRPORT | Atlantic | Avis | BUSINESS CLASS | Business Class flight | Cape Town | car | car rental | Chile | China | Delta | fares | Flight | flights | Ghana | Holidays Inn | hotel booking | Icelandair | Island | johannesburg | Los Angeles | miles | New route | Photo Review | private jet | Rental | SkyMiles | South America | St. Helena airport | Traveling