5,000 Starpoints, amazing AMEX and Norwegian results, Copa launches Wingo, $1,000 off Emirates tickets, OMG Arik Air!
– American Express and SPG give you 5,000 extra Starpoints when paying with an AMEX card for 15 stays (i.e. your Starwood American Express card) – Register here
– Hilton & AMEX offering 5,000 points of you add an authorized user and spend $500 (seems targeted)
Up to $50 off Economy Fare
$250 off Business Class Fare
$1000 off First Class Fare
– US Bank sends out emails for the 500 free Flexperks points again when subscribing to their promo
– WOW Air has decided to fly daily from San Francisco and Los Angeles in summer 2017 – makes it easier for everyone!
– amazingly AMEX seems to already deliver to investors and has improved Q3 earnings
– the Economist has a piece on Ethiopian Airlines – the jewel of African airlines (we know!) but expects the airline to come under pressure if the situation in Ethiopia continues to deteriorate
– Copa is bleeding cash in Colombia (unlike in Panama) and has moved operations to discount carrier Wingo
– Malaysia Airlines just does not know what to do with their A380 and is trying again to get them utilized
– Norwegian Air Shuttle impresses with fantastic results (despite their massive expansion) – with a 91 percent load factor you are doing something right!
Norwegian (NAS) today reported its best quarterly results ever. The net profit was NOK 993 million (£99 million), an improvement of NOK 160 million compared to the same quarter the previous year. The load factor was 91 percent and the performance was positive in all markets, with Spain boasting the strongest passenger growth.