Table of Contents
What’s the deal with the United Mileage Plus Visa?
The United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature card currently has a sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles instead of the usual 30,000 miles, when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
50,000 miles is an excellent bonus for a great card, so we wanted to remind you to apply before the higher bonus is taken away on June 2nd, 2015.
So why apply for the United Mileage Plus Visa card?
The highlights of owning this card include:
- $0 introductory annual fee (then $95)
- First checked bag is free
- Priority boarding
- No fees on foreign transactions
- Two United Club passes per year
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on tickets purchased from United
- Earn 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Your miles never expire
But it gets better, as you can also earn more bonus miles with this card – just by adding an authorized user and spending on your card, you could actually earn a total of 65,000 bonus MileagePlus miles with this card!
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user.
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 in net purchases on your card each year.
United miles are very useful on some Star Alliance partners. For example, the current bonus of 50,000 miles is enough for a business class round-trip within the US or from Hawaii to Japan return in economy.
Another good thing about the United MileagePlus Explorer is that it’s a Visa Signature card, so you get a whole host of extra benefits including these travel perks:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Roadside Dispatch
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Travel Accident Insurance
How do I get the United Mileage Plus Visa deal?
Apply for this offer here before the offer is decreased again.
What else do I need to know about the United Mileage Plus Visa deal?
Check out our introduction to the United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature card here, where we wrote about United’s award chart, reconsideration numbers for the card if you need to speak to a direct credit analyst and what we like about the card.
You need to apply by June 2nd 2015.
Apply for this card now while the bonus is this big. It’s a no-brainer!