What's the scoop?
Today, Hilton announced an update to the WiFI benefit for HHonors members – including access for non-Diamonds. Here's the new details:
– Starting in the second quarter of 2015, Diamond members will receive free premium Wi-Fi at all Hilton properties that are booked directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of the corporate travel partners.
– Starting from August, this will be extended to Blue and Silver members, who will receive free standard Wi-Fi access when stays are booked directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or with one of the corporate travel partners.
– Gold members will still receive free standard Wi-Fi when bookings are made through a proprietary Hilton channel or with one of the corporate travel partners.
To clarify, a proprietary Hilton channel or one of the corporate travel partners is one of the following:
– Using the Hilton HHonors mobile app
– Making an online booking on hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of the brand/hotel websites
– Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care on 1-800-HHonors (or by calling your local Hilton reservations office)
– Calling an individual hotel
– Making a walk-in booking
– Booking with a corporate travel agency or travel professional that books via a Hilton proprietary channel
Unfortunately, this update doesn't apply to hotels where there is a resort charge.