Table of Contents
What's the deal?
Etihad Airways is offering to status match elites from other airlines.
If you have a Gold (or higher-tiered) card with any other airline loyalty program*, you can get a free Etihad Guest Gold card!
UPDATE: Etihad have updated the T&C to state that the offer is only applicable to those based in UAE, UK, USA, Australia, Saudi Arabia, France, Switzerland, China and Japan.
How do I get the deal?
If you're already an Etihad Guest member, email a scanned copy of a Gold card that you already have with another airline loyalty program, a copy of your latest miles statement and your Etihad Guest membership number to EYGCorporate@etihad.ae
If you're not yet an Etihad Guest member, email a scanned copy of a Gold card that you already have with another airline loyalty program, a copy of your latest miles statement and your full name, email address, date of birth, physical address and telephone number to EYGCorporate@etihad.ae
You must apply before 15 March 2015.
The benefits of being an Etihad Guest Gold member
– You get 50% extra bonus miles for every Etihad Airways flight you take
– You get an extra 15kg baggage allowance on all applicable flights
– You and a guest get access to the Etihad Business Class Lounges before each flight
– You get a guaranteed economy class seat on an Etihad Airways flight of your choice if you book 24 hours in advance (even if the flight is fully-booked)
– You get fast-track access at border control on arrival at your destination
What else do I need to know?
Only a limited number of Gold cards will be issued and Etihad reserve the right to select the applicants.
*This tier match promotion does not include members of the frequent flyer programs of Etihad Airways Partners (includes Air Lingus, airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia).
Once you've applied by email, you should receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks and you new Gold card to arrive within another month.