Table of Contents
Credit cards for Students:
Owning one of the credit cards for students can help establish your credit score and teach you how to manage your personal finances. But, in a sea of financial choices, which card should you apply for?
Citi Thankyou Preferred Card for College Students
One of the better options out there, the Citi Thankyou Preferred Card for College Students has the following benefits:
– 2,500 bonus Thankyou points after a $500 spend in 3 months
– No annual fee
– 0% APR on purchases for 7 months (then 13.99% APR – 23.99% APR)
– Earn unlimited Thankyou points (which don't expire)
– Earn 2 Thankyou points per dollar spent on restaurant dining and entertainment purchases
– Earn 1 Thankyou point per dollar spent on everything else
– Get access to exclusive cardmember events with Citi Private Pass, which we wrote about recently
What are the benefits of being a Citi cardholder?
In the world of travel, you can redeem Citi Thankyou points for flights, hotels, cars, travel packages and activities. Especially with flight and car rental, this can be so beneficial to students who need to travel cross country to get to and from college. If you don't have enough Thankyou points, you can also pay the difference with your Citi card.
Citi also offers cardholders more travel benefits including car rental insurance, trip cancellation or interruption coverage and automatic travel accident insurance.
Other benefits of being a Citi cardholder:
– Zero liability for unauthorized charges
– Citi Price Rewind will refund the difference if it finds a lower price for an item you bought with your card
– Retail purchase protection
– Extended warranty on items for up to a year
– Personal concierge service
– EMV chip technology
Certainly one of the better credit cards for students, the Citi Thankyou Preferred Card for College Students offers some decent benefits for a first credit card. The sign-up bonus is fairly low, but many student cards offer none at all. It's a shame that there isn't a 0% APR offer for balance transfers, but if this is a first card, it doesn't really matter.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Benefits | bonus | car | car rental | Card | cardmember | cheap flights | Citi | Citi card | Citi ThankYou | credit | Credit Card | credit cards | Earn | entertainment | extended warranty | Fare Class | first | Flight | flights | Hotels | Los Angeles | Miles Flown | offer | offers | Pass | points | price | Protection | Purchase Protection | Rental | service | thankyou | ThankYou point | thankyou points | travel | Travel Insurance | Travelex | trip | world