An Introduction to the Virgin Atlantic WorldElite MasterCard® – Sign-Up Bonus, Reconsideration Numbers & Application Links
Bank of America USA
– 20,000 bonus Flying Club miles
– Enjoy up to 5,000 additional Flying Club miles when you add more cardholders
– Earn tier points along with your Flying Club miles. You get 1 tier point per $2,500 in purchases (maximum of 2 per month) and additional tier points when you fly Virgin Atlantic or our airline partners
– Get a second reward ticket for half the miles when you redeem Flying Club miles for a Virgin Atlantic Economy reward ticket (must spend $25,000+ in purchases annually)
– Earn 3 Flying Club miles per $1 on Virgin Atlantic purchases
– Earn 1.5 Flying Club miles per $1 on all other purchases
No minimum spend required
Virgin Atlantic has the redemption rates available here. Fuel surcharges on Virgin Atlantic are high. One of the best 'values' is New York to London (one-way) in economy for 17,500 miles and $231.50.
Airline partners with no or low fuel surcharges include Delta and Singapore Airlines. Virgin charges only 40,000 miles for the transatlantic flight in economy on Delta with no fuel surcharges. That's great value.
Another good value is the redemption on Cyprus Airways between Larnaca and Tel Aviv.
Call a direct credit analyst during normal business hours 1-888-503-6090
What we like about this card
Most of us have no/few cards with Bank of America. I'm always looking for a new card for my next round of applications. With the right strategy you can avoid the high fuel surcharges.