– The card comes with 40,000 rewards points which can be redeemed for at least 1 cent – possibly 1.5 cents per point for flights (see below)
– The annual fee of $175 is waived in the first year
– No foreign transaction fees
– $100 statement credit every year against airline incidentals
– 3x points on Airlines, 2x points on Hotels, 1x point on all other net purchases
However, the first tests by flyertalkers have shown that points can be redeemed for up to 1.5 cents per point when using the Wells Fargo booking engine for flights.
I tested another flight, priced out at 1.5 cpp but the cost was $4.50 higher than Priceline. Looks like it tops out at 1.5 cpp x 43000= $645-24(per ticket)= $621 for a single ticket.
This would bring the value to $700+ for the card. That is impressive for a fixed value card!
I personally have no experience with the card but I'm looking forward to learning more about it. I have never tried to get a credit card from Wells Fargo – this would be a first! What's your experience?