SAS announced they are going to re-launch EuroBonus starting in April!
Here's the official marketing pamphlet
– Free calls and text messages to members with EuroBonus Connect
– Free extra baggage
– Free WiFi onboard on selected flights
Other new benefits are :
– Reaching Silver faster – after only 5 return trips instead of 10
– As a Silver member you will have access to our SAS Lounges (except SAS Gold Lounge), and access to Fast Track security at selected airports
– EuroBonus Diamond – a new level for our most frequent travelers
– New Gold benefits – give away a Silver card and increased availability of award flights
More about new EuroBonus is here.
It's no entirely clear what additional useful benefits the Diamond status will bring. It has been rumored that Diamonds will be able to get an award seat if a revenue ticket is on sale fleet-wide but it hasn't been clarified if that would be at a higher Mileage cost (as what United or American do). The easier ability to earn Silver status is good but does not benefit non-CPH or non-OSL travelers.
These aren't changes to be excited about but they aren't horrible.