I bet you all participated in the Club Carlson promotions in 2011/2012. While points do not expire they are forfeited after 2 years of no account activity – so if you rarely use Radisson for regular stays make sure you use your points before they expire.
Here are my personal top 10:
1) Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow – I do plan to be there later this year, its a grand, stylish hotel with room rates hovering in the $600 per night
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
2) Radisson Plaza on the River, London – fetches great reviews and is in a top location, I'll be checking the hotel out next month, room rates are $300+
Radisson Plaza on the River London
3) Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen – the location is what makes this place special – one of the northernmost hotels in the world (maybe the?). Norway can be really expensive so the 50,000 points help you out here.
Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen
4) Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island – this is a good hotel, I did grab a coffee there during my stay in Fiji in 2010, not super luxury but I liked the Denarau peninsula and especially the adjacent golf course.
Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island
5) Radisson Blue Hotel Dakar – this one looks great – incredible views. I have never been to the Senegal. Room rates are $400+. To be honest I did pull up Google Maps to find Dakar. Anyone with experience in Dakar? Is that rally still going to Dakar every January?
Radisson Blue Hotel Daka
6) Radisson Blu Resort, Trysil – seems the way to redeem for a ski holiday in Norway. Now I'm not a big skier so this does not draw my attention too much but reviews are good!
Radisson Blu Resort, Trysi
7) Radisson Aruba Resort – a good hotel in the Caribbean – not a super luxury resort though, room rates are often sub $200 so not such a great redemption 'on paper'.
Radisson Aruba Resort
8) Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town – I wasn't impressed by the hotels old charm and decor. However it overlooks the Atlantic and it's close to the Waterfront with a number of great restaurants.
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
9) Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago – best Radisson in the US, it is brand new and it is the chains prototype. This hotel can be cheap though so maybe not really a good redemption.
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicag
10) Park Inn Weimar – a Park Inn? Well this one is only 9,000 points and Weimar is a fantastic place to dive into Schiller and Goethe's ideas. They lived and worked there and Weimar also has been at the center of Germany's history many times. It's a small, easy to navigate city. The Park Inn has spacious rooms, very nice spa and it's a steal based on points (it's also cheap paying cash).
Park Inn Weimar
Please note that once the Radisson Blu Hotel Maldives Hulhumale opens by November 2013, it will certainly be a top contender.
What are your experiences with Club Carlson? Any hotels that I forgot?
Questions, corrections, ideas about this article? Catch us on Twitter @mightytravels
See how to save $190 on ANY airfare ticket with Mighty Travels Premium
. Plus get 95% off Business and First Class fares with Real-Time Mistake Fare Alerts
Start your 30 Day FREE TRIAL now.
Want free upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit & VIP gifts on ANY luxury hotel stay? Get these free benefits when you book with luxury travel concierge
for the same price as the hotel’s own website. Use code MT19 for an extra 10% off
your first booking.
This post has been tagged with: Account | after | Aruba | Atlantic | before | brand | BUSINESS CLASS | Cape Town | Cheap | Chicag | Chicago | Club Carlson | Germany | holiday | Holidays Inn | hotel | hotel booking | Hotel Chicago | Hotels | Island | London | Maldives | month | Moscow | Norway | Park | Photo Review | Plan | points | Radisson | Radisson Blu | redemptions | Resort | Senegal | Traveling | world
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | lounge | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |