Just some quick update – I'm still giddy from burning 500k miles yesterday in a matter of minutes. It's for the whole family to Europe and for myself a side trip to Argentina and Brazil.
I just got eticket numbers for these flights:
– Lufthansa F (very likely new F) in December using 105k Miles & More miles OW without fuel surcharges (yes I'm flying from Brazil) just before Christmas, thank you Brazilian legislature for outlawing fuel surcharges!
– United Mileage Plus redemption in J from SFO to FRA direct and return on Swiss in J for 100k RT each, it's very rare to find these seats these days and I got 4 seats in J
– a short flight from IGU (Iguazu Falls) to GIG on TAM for $87 which was about $287 just a couple of days ago
– a one-way on LAN from SFO to EZE with a stop in LIM in their J for 50k AA miles
– the JW Marriott in Rio de Janeiro, finally a good use for all my Marriott points – got 1c per point
– The Sheraton Iguazu falls for 12k Starpoints/night
– several Sheratons in Buenos Aires and maybe a Park Hyatt BA thrown in
– still looking for the best place in El Calafete – anyone of you been there?
Still to book – a Delta award on Aerolinas Argentinas to El Calafete and up to IGR for 20,000 miles. LAN is certainly nicer and bookable with Avios but has very limited availability vs. Aerolinas Argentinas 2 seats in Y on every (short) flight.