Thanks to an incredibly generous reader – we are having the option to give away an American Airlines Systemwide Upgrade.
An SWU allows you to upgrade you to upgrade from Economy to Business or Business to First for ANY booked fare class on all American Airlines flights.
It is valid until February 28th 2013 so your flight should be before February 28th and after January 28th (that's how long we plan to run the sweepstake).
- The flights have to be on AA using AA ticket and AA airplanes
- The upgrade is good for almost any fare
- It can be used for up to three legs in a direction (e.g. LAX-JFK-LHR)
- If there are more than three legs you get to choose which three
- If an upgrade seat is not available at the time of booking then you can be wait-listed
- If the upgrade clears then you will have to pay any additional taxes.
Here are some more Terms & Conditions.
Upgrade entitles passenger to a one-way upgrade to the next class of service at no additional charge for travel on American Airlines or American Eagle to any destination served by either airline.
This upgrade is subject to capacity controls and is limited to a single one-way ticket with a maximum of three segments. Reservations are subject to seat availability at the time of upgrade.
Reservations may be made and tickets purchased from any authorized Travel Agency or American Airlines. Upgrade requests using systemwide upgrades cannot be made via AA.com at this time.
Upgrades are valid only on scheduled flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or American Eagle flights offering a First or Business Class cabin for travel. Not valid on codeshare flights.
Open tickets may not be issued.
Stopovers, joint and through fares are permitted if fare purchased allows.
In order to take part in this sweepstake just follow TJ on Miles & Points on Twitter. We will select a winner by Jan 28th.