– Emirates profits tumble for 2016 as the airline struggles with a fall in demand and it’s growing lack of competitiveness
Emirates has failed to rejuvenate it’s aging fleet and has a much too higher cost factor (per mile) than the new generation f competitors in the gulf and other LCCs.
I would not bet on Emirates going forward.
– Air Canada announced plans for its own loyalty program for 2020 (when the current contract with Aeroplan expires)
It’s no surprise that Air Canada is longing for a better way to incentive customers. It is a shame though for shareholders of teh publicly listed company that runs the Aeroplan program. The new business model without access to Star Alliance award space is likely much tougher.
There are no changes due for another three years so we can still transfer our miles and book rewards until that time likely.
– an ANA 787 made in emergency landing in Russia on it’s way to Germany from Japan yesterday
– Marriott/ Starwood and Ritz Carlton all provide the following benefits to loyalty members as part of this promotion
All guests booking between 1st May and 31st August 2017 for stays between 21st May – 9th September 2017 can enjoy 20% off on the best available rate and a 30% off on food and soft beverages at participating restaurants, bars and lounges. However, Loyalty Program members are eligible for the additional benefits of 30% off on the best available rate and a voucher for a 30% off on their next stay, valid for stay between 10th September – 31st December 2017.
– Delta (and others) are moving terminals in LAX starting tomorrow – one of the biggest moves of airlines while operating – let’s hope it will go without disaster
– Delta has decided there is too little gold in international flights and cancelled a planned A350 purchase
– Qatar has now added Stockholm to its amazing Europe – Singapore Business Class sales for just ~$1,200 Round Trip
– Ryanair is finally gunning for Frankfurt airport – making it much easier for you to self connect – now we just need Norwegian to start flights from German’s biggest airport!